With these tips you’ll be able to save for family vacation and enjoy it without adding to your debt! We all long to take a our family on an amazing vacation’ whether it be a relaxing beach get away, a far flung adventure, or a special trip to your favorite amusement park. The trouble is, traveling as a family can cost quite a bit. If you don’t prepare ahead of time, that wonderful trip might not happen, or it may end up putting you in debt. Don’t let a fun goal like family vacation sit idly by unattained! Try these clever tips and start saving for a sunny day!
How to Save For Your Next Family Vacation
- Make it automatic. Set up an auto transfer from your checking to a dedicated savings account. If you can swing it, have them happen weekly and watch your dream fund grow! The best part about this is that you don’t even have to think about it!
- Get a piggy bank. Each evening add any spare change (and ideally some cash) to a piggy bank that you can’t easily open. Once you’ve stuck that five in there you can’t use it on other things. When the time comes, your kids will love helping break it open and count the loot!
- Sell stuff. Hold a garage sale or list items online and put the money directly into your travel savings account. You will have the added bonus of clear out things you no longer need!
- Use your rewards. If you have a credit card that offers rewards points try to use it wherever you get the most points. Then you can use those points for airfare or hotel costs. Note, this only works if you pay off the amount you spend each month, remember the goal is no debt!
- Give up something. It’s never fun to sacrifice something you are accustomed to, but when you have a great goal in mind it is totally doable. Examine your routine and see if there are any luxuries you can forgo in order to travel debt free. Maybe it’s cable, or dining out, or a daily coffee bar habit; calculate how much you could save (put it in that account) and watch your dream become a reality!
Live for a Sunny Day With SunTrust
This post was inspired by our wonderful sponsor, SunTrust, who helps people not just save for a rainy day, but live for a sunny one. Saving money can feel daunting, especially when you are not sure exactly why you are doing it. Having a wonderfully positive goal in mind, such as fun family vacation, makes it so much easier. With each dollar I save I see myself getting closer and closer to running into the surf with my boys. And SunTrust is here to help. Subscribe to their wonderful Shine Newsletter and twice a month you’ll receive inspiration and motivation that will help make your sunny day happen. What is your sunny day savings goal?
At SunTrust Bank their purpose is lighting the way to financial well-being. When you feel confident about your money, you can save for your goals and spend knowingly on what matters most to you. They know we all live for the sunny days and want to you help you live yours.
Subscribe to the Shine newsletter and receive inspiration and advice twice a month to help you live for a sunny day. Subscribe here
Want to get your sunny day started now? Visit the SunTrust resource center anytime for help achieving your financial goals.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of SunTrust. The opinions and text are all mine.